September 24, 2009

37.61 + Right-sided Sore Throat - A Possible Source of Depression?

Yep..apparently I got mild fever, and an acute bacterial right tonsillitis, with a small amount of detritus in it. perhaps this is the source of my drowsiness this whole day, and perhaps the day before. Or perhaps I just hope it is so that I can have a rational excuse for my laziness. After all, I do make lots of rationalization with this depression.

Yes, I am depressed, I admit it, and I realize it, and I'm aware of it, but it doesn't solve the problem. I thought there should be a reason for this depression, perhaps it has something to do with the meaningless of life, that it has something to do with the faulty of my searching for the truth. well the search did brought to me this depression, while it shouldn't. But to think again, why was it in the first place that I begin to search. I realize that what I actually seek is energy, undiminished source of energy, I need an endless boost of spirit, and many authors refer it as "enthusiasm".

So in that sense, there is actually no reason for me to be depressed by what I found (Well I'll not claim that I have found some everlasting truth, because I don't know, I just found something, that's it). Because perhaps at some point at my way I have strayed. My search for energy has brought me to explore myself, "What is the cause of my emptiness?", I thought that if I find the source, I can cure it, and my energy will flow. But then I start so see the faulty, I start to judge myself, my parents, and people around me. My scepticism took over, and I'm entering an endless search for reason and meaning. I start to judge the way of human's world (because I don't find that the world itself is faulty, It is as it suppose to be), and start to hate them because they are worthless and hopeless. And what is worst is that I end up in self-hatred.

But thinking again, perhaps it should be "everything can be meaningless and pointless, but it doesn't have to effect me". It struck me that I'm searching for enthusiasm, and it shouldn't have anything to do with others, or even my faulty. I don't even know why I suddenly think of this way, perhaps De Melo has got in to my head, perhaps it is he that do the talking. Well I certainly hope not.

Or perhaps I'm just depressed in the first place because I didn't read enough cardiology and afraid of failing even if I don't admit it. but it is possible, you never know, hahaha.

3 comments:

Chu! said...

Hahaha... read Ecclesiastes... it summarizes all bout life... all is vanity..
Kebahagiaan manusia ada pada saat ia menikmati makanan yang dimakan dan menikmati pekerjaan yang dikerjakan... hehe
I cant stand the emptiness when searching the truth of life.. so, i just enjoy the life w/o question.. maybe it can work for you..

Aron Husink said...

Hmmm..interesting...what is ecclesiastes??where can I get it??
Yes..enjoy the life without asking to many question...I kinda agree with that...because in the end, the question will only gives u misery..hahaha..

Unknown said...

Ha! I have felt the same way back while i was an Unemployed man for 6 months.
in my honest opinion you are depressed because you are afraid of the future just like me and everybody else in this world.
and maybe just like i did you are now turning you back against this world, you have had it of this sick and cruel world we live in. but trust when you hit the bottom of your depression (i mean like when you think you know [finally] why someone could commit suicide kinda thing) you will find whatever you're looking for.
right now you just have to keep looking what you're looking for with perseverance, because life will hit you as hard as it can, it will bent you knees and keep it to the ground if you let it.

P.S don't be suicidal drink SSRI if you're to depressed

cheers!