January 26, 2010

Orchid

Okay, enough with religion, philosophy and awareness thingy for a while. I have some analysis related to the "humanity" post, but haven't had the "feel" to write it down yet, so here is just some light update.
These are images that I had taken about several weeks ago during my early days of learning photography. I used these image to measure the sharpness of my EOS 400D in a variety of light condition and at the same time trying to appreciate the beauty of my mom's orchids by taking it from several angle.

Enjoy!







Some comment please, along with which one do you like the most and why. Thank you. :)

2 comments:

hub said...

The first picture.
It's beautiful and perfectly symmetrical. I love that.

The 2nd, 5th, and 6th also captured my mind although not as big as the first one.
From the 2nd picture, I love the idea of seeing through the layers of the flower. but something's off.
From the 5th, I just notice that I'm also fond of pictures in which object is not in the center, but in the corner. Maybe if the picture is larger, and the flower is smaller, it will be better. but I don't really know.
The 6th is just beautiful. but I don't really like the empty space below the flowers.

That's why I definitely pick the number one.

Aron Husink said...

The 5th pics catch your eyes because it was design with a perfect composition...that is the main object of a photo should be a third from width of the picture...doesn't mater if its a third from the left, the right, bottom, upside..

the first picture has the beauty of symmetry..yes..but that angle will be boring if taken several time even with other object hehehe :P

the sixth picture has a good detail, but is lacking in composition.hehehe...doesn't mater, I just wanna show the detail..hehehe

I personally like the fourth one..because the orchid shines by itself among other object that blocks the vision...it is like something catches you eyes in the middle of the crowd...like a hot chick perhaps...hahaha