March 17, 2010

Rabbits, With Canon 18-55mm II

This images were taken before I have my 55-250mm is, I happen to have this two naughty rabbit who loves to jump around like crazy, so I have a plenty of chance learn some about living creature snapshot.
Sweet huh, looks like two best friend, even a little gay perhaps - Yes, both are males. But don't let them fool you, they were friends back there when they were still teenagers until testosterone takes over and the vicious Darwin law play the game. And rabbits happen to be a little sadistic in their rivalry on sex - they castrate each other - yes, you heard me well. I've seen the gold one chase the brown white one like crazy, trying to sniff his testicles, and bite it. I thought its a natural process, until the two colours loose one of his testicle and they are separated since then. Kinda spooky species huh, never thought it would occur to this cuddly mammal.

Anyway, please gives some commentary on this picture. These are not shown straight out of the camera. I use photoshop and ACDsee Pro3 to tweak the saturation and warmth, as I personally love warm and over saturated colours. My next post will still be about rabbit, but using my 55-250mm is, or my old lens but with wide focal length - 18mm.

4 comments:

hub said...

is tele suitable for a close up? I thought it's for panoramic purposes only.

Aron Husink said...

OOhh..no..you got a major misunderstanding here..tele gives you the ability to isolate the object which u want to capture..like head shots, head and shoulder shot, and the long focal length also aid in blurring the background, so a perfect focal length for portrait is usually 80-100mm..while in panoramic, you would want to capture an object along with a vast and sharp background..and u would need a lense with short focal length like 10-22mm..and those lens are called the wide lens (we are not talking about wide aperture here since the lens with wide aperture opening are actually called fast lens), because it can capture a wide area of vision instead of pin pointing an object like a tele lens does..

明宏 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
^.- Me said...

astaga... masalah sadistic di ungkap... untung ga kamu foto juga...
kekekekeke...