February 24, 2010

Priscilla Ahn - Dream


I heard this song for the first time from my sister's mp3 CD, and fall in love instantly with the melody. And after searching for the lyrics, I fallen even deeper..hehe..

Dream

I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me.
I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in my pretty bed of green.

I had a dream
That I could fly from the highest swing.
I had a dream.

Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be.
The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep.

I had a dream
That I could fly from the highest tree.
I had a dream.

Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave.
I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing.

I had a dream

4 comments:

Saluna_the_Student said...

me likey the song :)

hub said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hub said...

he lyrics are great.

bark and leaves, silent reverie..

read E.E. Cummings, or Tennyson, or Browning, or Yeats. see if you like them.
mm.. you could even try 'she's electric' latest post. she really has her way with words.

Aron Husink said...

Michirururu: Yes..a very nice song..but rather depressing..like an enthusiasm that is vanish by the cruelty of the world..

Hub: Hmmm..what books are those?do you have them?..ah, yes..I haven,t pay any visit to that F word abuser lately..hehehe :p