July 25, 2010

The Harsh and Restless Teacher

Teacher O Teacher, why are you restless in your way?

Have you no pity to your disciple?

Haven’t I been brave in my pursuit for your wisdom?

Haven’t I been restless in understanding the reality of illusion?

Haven’t I being all courageous to venture beyond what others dare not to venture?

Alas, all the rational and the wisdoms are powerless

You cast your lesson mercilessly

And I who have stood my ground firmly before is now knelt

Powerless with agonizing pain and aching heart

What is the purpose of all this?

For more the wisdom that I gain, the harsher is the trial

Can there be no relief in what I have learnt?

Can there be no rest in the journey of studying?

Pity us, pity us O ye great Teacher

For the pain is real even for the illusionary cause